Saturday, March 9, 2024

Lighting and props!

Now that I'm getting closer and closer to filming, I've been looking for things that will enhance my opening. The other day I saw a store that I know has affordable stuff and decided to go in, it's called Five Bellow

I found this awesome LED light bar that can do all these blue settings:




It's perfect! It can enhance the blue within my opening if for some reason the blue hour outside is not prominent enough. I also did some research on lighting to further understand the importance of it. I found in this article that states lighting really impacts the mood of your film, which i totally agree with. I think having blue lighting throughout the film will really enhance the mood I'm trying to go for because of the color psychology behind blue, it represents sadness. The article also speaks on how lighting "breathes light" into the film, which is something I find very important because I want my film to feel raw and real. 

Not only did I find a lighting device, but also a prop! Specifically this poster:


I want to place this poster behind my bed. I already have posters there, but they don't really fit the theme of the opening since they aren't blue, but this one has a ton of blue! It's perfect! I feel like props could really enhance the aesthetic of my opening, I read an article about how no matter how simple an element of your film may seem, it will add to the overall mood of your film. Props matter, they really do. If my props are consistent, I think they will add so much to the opening and the feeling of it. I'm going to look for a few other props to add to the opening, but I feel like I have a lot of things I could put to use already at home.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl