Friday, March 8, 2024

Storyboard, finally

After a lot of planning, I finalized my storyboard! Originally I was going to finish this last week since it was part of the pre-production process, but I decided I needed to do some extra research on script writing, so I moved it to this week. I also did a bit of extra research of storyboarding even though I have a pretty clear idea of how they are beneficial since we've discussed it in class. I found this article which explains storyboards and why they help in simple terms. 

I found this part of the article to be very true:




In previous project we have done for this course, making a storyboard has made production so smooth. Even though a few shots change, the overall plan of the storyboard stays consistent and is very helpful when setting up shots. I think storyboards lead you to success. Being organized in this portfolio project is important since there are many steps, and storyboarding for sure helps a ton. 

I also found the most amazing website!! On it, you can see drama storyboard examples from films. I found this example of a storyboard from Forrest Gump, this was super helpful because i can compare the 
storyboard and film side by side.

This is the storyboard: 


Of course this is from a professional so mine will be a bit different, but this was really cool to see! 

Anyway, here's my storyboard!!!



Having the shot list I previously made helped me so so so much! It helped me have things planned out therefore the process of sketching was very smooth. Also, as expected, I changed a few things around, for example, I previously had said on the shot list that the flashback would consist of these shots: 


Shot 6: Long shot- You see the Georgia's back and her talking to her friend.


Shot 7: Medium shots- You see Georgia speak to her friend, we see the friends face while they speak.


Shot 8: Medium shot- The friend is suddenly mad.


However, I decided that a set of two long shots near the lake would fit the overall vibe of the opening better. It feels more casual and real. I also am only going to only add the conversation between Georgia and Ivy once, I was going to show both perspectives, but since the film is very realistic, I feel like that just wouldn't fit the opening. Both of them would be visible in the scene rather then only one character so that tension and context could be built for both characters. Also for the last scene, I made it a close up, so that we could we really see Georgia and her contemplating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl