Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Filming - day one

Hi! So, as promised, yesterday was my first day as filming. Yay! It actually went very smooth, I was super nervous to film since this project has been building up to this moment for so long, but everything went great. My friend who is in the class, Sophia, and another friend who took the class last year Arianna (I always call her Ari though) were both there. Ari played Ivy while I played Georgia. Yesterday we filmed the flashback scenes near the lake. I set up the camera and made sure the camera settings and shot angles looked good. Since I was in the scene, I had Ari sit were we would both sit to set up the shot and see what it would look like. I also had Sophia double check if it looked good.

Here's me setting up the flashback long shot

Here's a little sneak peak of what it looked like!

We also filmed the long shot where you see both Ivy and Georgia speaking, this is the shot I was most nervous about, since it included dialogue. We tried to be as accurate as possible with the script, but my favorite shot we got was different from the script, we still followed the overall format, but improvising made it feel so much more natural. As i've said the conversation needs to feel raw and realistic since the overall film is, so I was willing to improvise in order for it to feel that way. Also, me and Ari have taken film classes together before, so we have experience in working together and I knew she would take this seriously. We also have good chemistry so I thought it would look authentic. 

Also, something worth mentioning is blue hour is very short, so I had to use my time wisely. According to this article blue hour lasts about 20 minutes at most (it felt more like 30 though, maybe since winter is almost over) , but I had plenty of time since I set up way earlier so we would have a good amount of time. We went about 25 minutes early to set up the camera and walk to the park. It was sunset when we started going there and we had just the right amount of time before the sun went down. 

Here's me beginning to set up the shot during sunset

I also got plenty of footage, we overshot so I could have a lot to play with, even if we got it right the first time, we would do it at least another two or three times. I want to have more then enough footage during editing so I think this was a smart decision, it's better to be safe then sorry. 

Today I'll be doing my second and final day of filming, I'll be mostly focusing on Georgia's at home scenes today, I'm pretty excited.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl