Saturday, March 16, 2024

Equipment!

Using equipment is really important for me, I like to get the best quality I can get. So, I went shopping today for a tripod! I went to a store named Best Buy. The tripod was a bit pricy, but I know it's something that I will put to use, and not just now, but also next year, since I plan to take AICE Media Studies A level! Therefore, I thought it would be beneficial to splurge on. 

Heres some pictures of the tripod-

Here it is at the store

And here's a better look!

I actually had a tripod before, but it wasn't very sturdy so I thought I should get a new one for this project since quality is important to me. I read this article which states that without tripods, your video may be a little shaky, but with a tripod, your video has a more cinematic aesthetic. However I will say that for some films a shaky camera really match the aesthetic, but for this one, I want to go for a more cinematic approach and I just think a tripod would really help me with that. The article also speaks about how tripods are a secure place for your camera, which of course, if super important to me. I don't want it to fall or break and a tripod will help me prevent that. 

Speaking about cameras, i'll be using the Canon G7X Mark II! I've had this camera for a while, it's perfect for me. It's a small camera but has so many different setting options and the video always turn out great. I love everything about it and I really know how to work it since I've had for a while now. 

Here's a picture of my camera (on my new tripod, yay!)- 


I also found this awesome YouTube video- 

 
I found this video to be super helpful since as I said earlier, I want my opening to be as cinematic as I can get it to be. He speaks about camera settings you can adjust and why he recommends you use them which is helpful to me since I want the best quality possible. He also talks about other tricks you can use while filming, one of them is stabilization, which is pretty much checked off for me because of my tripod, woo!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl