Saturday, February 24, 2024

Shot List

I've had a hard time deciding whether I should do my shot list or storyboard first, but I think writing everything down will make it easier to visualize. A shot list helps me get organized which is extremely important to me, I feel very stressed if I don't have things in order, so, having everything down will be very very beneficial for me. Also, I've decided the main characters name is Georgia, I chose the name that I feel would fit her the most from this list of girl names!

Here's my shot list: 

The opening will begin with a black screen where you hear crickets and sheets moving.

Shot 1: Medium shot- Georgia is putting a blanket over her legs, she's sitting up on her bed. She puts her leg towards her chest. 

Shot 2: Close up- Georgia bites her nails.

Shot 3: Close up- Georgia plays with her hair anxiously.

Shot 4: Close up- Georgia picks at her thumb and nails. 

Shot 5: Close up- We see Georgia's nails again while she picks at them, the camera tilts up and we see Georgia's friends eyes, this is a transition to the next section of the opening.

This section is a flashback.

Shot 6: Long shot- You see the Georgia's back and her talking to her friend. 

Shot 7: Medium shots- You see Georgia speak to her friend, we see the friends face while they speak.

Shot 8: Medium shot- The friend is suddenly mad. 

Shot 9: Extreme close up- of the friend's mad eyes.

Shot 10: Medium shot- The clip plays again but from the friends perspective, you see Georgia while they speak. You see Georgia become confused when the friend is mad.

Shot 11: Tight close up- of Georgia's confused eyes.

This is the end of the flashback.

Shot 12: Medium shot- You see Georgia on her bed again, it's the same shot as the first one. 

Shot 13: Medium shot- Georgia gets up. We see her walk to her desk.

Shot 14: Medium shot- We see Georgia get her journal, open it, and write in it. 

Shot 15: Close up- Georgia writes in her journal for a bit and scratches it out, we can see she's stressed.

Shot 16: Medium shot- She rips out the page and throws it. 

Shot 18: Long shot- Georgia walks to her door and walks out of her room. 

Shot 19: Medium shot- You see Georgia walk from her room to her bathroom.

Shot 20: Medium shot- Georgia walks into the bathroom, closes the door, and looks at herself in the mirror, in this moment, she contemplating. 

Shot 21: The doorbell rings, she walks out of the bathroom and is no longer in frame. 

This is my list for now! I have a feeling some things may change once I film and edit. In my past projects for this course, thing have changed then, which I think is a good thing, it shows growth in my opinion. 

I have noticed I use a lot of close ups in my opening, I have been hesitant about using so many, because I don't want to over do it, but I have a pretty clear vision of what I'm doing, so I'm choosing to trust myself. I decided to do some research and stumbled across this article, which I found incredibly interesting. It speaks about how close ups evoke and show emotion very well, they make the viewer feel like they are a part of what is occurring, which I feel like for my film opening, is very important. 


     This is a close up from The Godfather that I think is a great 
      example of how the characters emotion is shown with this style of shot.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl