Thursday, February 22, 2024

Blue Hour - Story Outline

Story

I have finally come to a final decision with my plot and overall story! I wanted to make sure I was making the right decision, so I thought about this a lot. The very, very, very summarized story of the opening is about a girl who in her head, does things right and tries her best. This story will show an anxious girl, she fidgets a lot, which will show she is anxious and overthinks. She tries her best to do everything perfect, she wants to get along with absolutely everyone (which is impossible) but doesn't, even though she tries. She's very hard on herself and feels a bit crazy. 

The opening will begin with the girl being overthinking, there will be silence to create tension, and the girl will be bitting her nails and pulling on her hair and clothes to demonstrate her emotions. I also want to include a flashback of how something sounded in the girl's head versus how it actually came off to the other individual shown. I also want to include a shot where you hear all the thoughts of the girl. I want the last clip to end on a stressed note, since it is only the opening of what would be the film.

Title

Blue Hour is my chosen title. The meaning has two meanings, a literal one and a deeper one.The literal one is that the clips will be filmed during the blue hour, the time of day after the sun goes down and right before it gets really dark. The deeper one is supposed to represent the way the girl feels, that being blue, which represents sadness.

The color blue will help build up the overall melancholy tone of the opening. I think putting the word blue in the title will be a good thing, since it's associated with sadness. It will hopefully quickly tell the audience the tone of the movie. 


                                                          Here are examples of blue hour





No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl