Sunday, February 25, 2024

Filming locations

 Choosing my filming locations has been something I've been indecisive about for a while. After doing my shot list, I realized I really need to decide on these locations so that I can make my storyboard as accurate as I can with the information I have. I knew I wanted to film inside a home but I wasn't sure if mine fit the aesthetic I was going for enough and if I should look for another home (like a family members) to use. But I've decided that with the right angles and props, some which I already have at home and some which I will purchase, my house is just the right place. My windows let in light that will show the audience it is blue hour, my walls are neutral, I just think it really works. 

I was afraid I couldn't make my room work, so i decided to do some research and I found this video:


And this video:




I think these videos are great examples of how you can make a simple space like your room feel very cinematic and powerful, these videos really reassured me. I want this film to be very realistic, since the storyline is realistic, so I think using a room that is clearly lived in is the most realistic approach I could use, I think it would be the best choice.

Another location I had to determine was the flashback scene, I imagine this scene taking place in a street or small field of grass, probably near a lake. I could do this at a local neighborhood park. I think the lake would be a nice touch of blue to the film and the sky would be visible, which is very important for my film, since it would be filmed during blue hour. I also know there's streetlights near the area I want to film at which could add an interesting use of lighting to my opening if I use the right angles. I also think using an open area like a park is a realistic place where friends would walk around and hang out, just like Georgia and her friend are, which again adds to the realistic approach of my film. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl