Sunday, February 18, 2024

Project schedule summary!

 If I'm being honest, I've overwhelmed myself a bit when it's come down to planning this project. I think I've been thinking about all elements at once, which has been a mistake on my part, so I'm going to take it one day and week at a time. I think making a schedule for myself would help a lot. That way I can see everything I'm going to do and when I am going to do it, which will reassure me that I am on the right track. 

February 18th to March 3rd

From now (February 18th) to March 3rd, I am going to define my story. I am going to put all of my ideas together to create a script, shot list, and storyboard. My overall idea currently is to tell a story about a girl who tries her hardest to be the best version of herself and yet fails. In her mind, she does everything possible to make other happy, she's a people pleaser, she never puts herself first, but other people do not realize that. I need to figure out how to put this idea into a two minute opening (without a resolution of course). I have a few ideas for shots but in the next two weeks I need to define them, which I think will lower my stress level since I like to visualize things. 

March 4th to March 17th

Production begins here. I am going to gather mise-en-scene elements like props and costuming. I want to have time to gather these elements because I want them to be meaningful and help cohere to the tone I am trying to create in my opening. I want a lot of blue in my opening, so I will for sure look for items with that color in specific. For costuming, I imagine the main character wearing things such as flannels and jeans, that's just an idea for now though, it might change. I also need to begin filming during this time, which will likely be a lengthy process, so I want to space my time out right. I will also begin editing what I have during this time, which usually takes me the longest when doing my projects.

March 18th to March 31st

Here I will begin my CCR. My research for my CCR will probably take a bit of time since I want to have a creative approach, CCR's are very important. I would also get feedback on my film opening and make any slight changes i can editing wise. I will film my CCR during this time as well. There's a lot to do so I have to use my time wisely. Editing my film opening will also occur within these weeks.

April 1st to April 2nd

I finish my project! I'll post my CCR and film opening to my blog and also a final reflection on project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl