Thursday, February 29, 2024

Group meeting, yay!!!

This group meeting reduced my overthinking about the project so so much! I absolutely adored speaking to my peers about our projects. For some context, my group was 6 people (including me) and we all spoke about our projects and ideas, one at a time, and gave each other feedback about our ideas while looking at each others blogs.

I've always been was very mindful about trying to make my blog posts as good as I can, I have really grown to like blogging, it's very helpful and lets me get my thoughts organized. One of the first things my group members complimented was my blogs, which lit my face up. Knowing that other people find my blogs cohesive and informational is so validating and makes me so happy, I feel like my hard work is paying off day by day!

Another thing my partners really liked was my research, one of them even said some of the sites I cited were really helpful to him. I also have tried my best to incorporate research from articles and videos into my blogs so I can expand my knowledge on topics I may not know too much about. I will without a doubt continue to do the amount of research I do now, it has really helped me learn more about every aspect of my project. I started thinking about why research is so important, so I did some research on it (no pun intended haha)! 

I found this article about research and thought this section highlighted the importance of research very well: 



I found this to be very true, research allows us to learn more about a topic after having enough curiosity to research it. For a project like this, research is so beneficial because it allows me to take what I learn from the class and the research to use it in my opening. Doing research and planning is what I believe will get me a piece that viewers can tell I put my whole heart into, which is my goal. I want my piece to have soul and passion. 

I also gave some of my peers an idea, to make a shot list! They realized that I had done one and found it interesting. I told them about how the shot list really allowed me to get organized and some of them agreed that they should do one, I love helping people out so I'm glad they got an idea from my blog. 

This article highlights how shot lists can be beneficial:


I think my shot list had really allowed me to put my project together, it helped me to put all the ideas I had in my head into a single list, it made me feel more put together. Creating a shot list is something I recommend to anyone working on a project involving filming something, which is exactly why I recommended it to my peers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl