Thursday, February 8, 2024

Beginning portfolio project!!

It's now time to start our portfolio project (yay!) and I am beyond excited. I feel like this project will allow me to really use my voice! I've been looking forward to this project from the moment I heard it was a part of the exam and to be honest I have been thinking about it so so much. I've been trying to figure out what to do.

We learned about a few ways to tell stories with film openings here in class. One of the ones I'm thinking of doing is developing conflict. I think having conflict within the first 2 minutes of a film would hook the audience to continues watching, therefore I think it would be a cool thing to add. I think I would do character vs. character just because it's an interesting concept since the person is really just going against themselves. With this I would want some silence within the film to create some tension while also having a bit of dialogue, but not too much.

I would also like to use the technique of establishing tone, I want the tone of my film opening to be very clear. I would use certain lighting to translate this. I would again also use a lack of sound to create a sort of tension within the opening. I want the opening to feel very melancholy, I would use a lot of blue within shots to also take advantage of color psychology (which we learned about in class) since blue is often associated with sadness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl