Thursday, March 28, 2024

Editing and credits

Hi! So as I get closer and closer to the end of this project, I have begun finalizing most things, for one, my editing is almost complete. There is one thing that I need to add though, and that's credits. I did some research on dramas and the order of their credits in the film openings. One opening I looked at was Pricilla directed by Sofia Coppola. In that opening specifically, they introduce the production companies first and then begin listing the actors and finally the director and co-producers. Another opening I viewed was from The Florida Project by Sean Baker, in this opening the production company and who the film was by was credited first and then the actors and other roles such as editors. To me this made a bit more sense, I think it makes sense to credit who the film was by and then the actors and editors, etc. So this is the format I chose for my opening! However, I did credit the actors before the producers just because there was a shot with both actors and I felt that the names were meant to be placed there.

Here's a screenshot from me editing, you can also see one of the credits i included

Here's another screenshot of my editing process where you can
also see a credit 

I also did some foley for one of the sound effects i included. We learned about foley in the classroom when we were doing a sound project. According to this article, foley makes sound feel more realistic.
I thought foley making the film feel more realistic would be helpful since my film is meant to feel real. So I decided to put my phone down and have it record while I went outside and rang my own doorbell, which is a sound effect I needed for the end of my opening. My home has a realistic and average sounding doorbell, so I thought this was the best way to get the effect. I rang it twice to be safe but I really didn't have to.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here's my film opening, Blue Hour, hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/ddxkeEc9vCg?si=y3H_fJ-qOmY4-Jnl